A+ Orientation Information
Students who graduate from a designated A+ high school may qualify for a state-paid financial incentive to attend any public community college or career/technical school in Missouri, if the students successfully meet the following requirements.
- NHS is seeking A+ designation in 2008-09. Upon designation the class of 09 will be the first class eligible for A+ benefits, providing the students have attended NH
- Students are encouraged to sign up for the A+ Program at the beginning of their freshman year.
- The Participation Agreement that each student must sign simply states that the student and parents are aware of the A+ Schools Program requirements and incentives
- To be eligible for the A+ Program a student must:
- Attend a designated A+ school for 3 consecutive years prior to graduation
- Graduate from high school with a minimum 2.5 grade point average
- Have at least a 95% attendance record
- Perform 50 hours of unpaid tutoring.
- Maintain a record of good citizenship and avoid the unlawful use of drugs, including alcohol.
- In exchange for meeting these requirements, a student can be eligible for reimbursement of the cost of tuition and general fees subject to legislative appropriation, to any public community college or vocational or technical school in the state of Missouri, once the student has made a good faith effort to secure all available sources of funding that can be applied.
- The period of eligibility can be for a period of 2 full years during the 4-year period immediately following graduation, or when you have earned your first two-year degree or one-year certificate
- If a student withdraws from NHHS or transfers to a non-A+ School after the beginning of their sophomore year, the student will not be considered eligible for the A+ Schools Program
- If a student transfers to NNHS after the beginning of his/her sophomore year, the student may only participate in the program if the school transferred from was a designated A+ school
- The student must graduate from high school with a minimum GPA of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale. The cumulative GPA is applicable to all four years of the student’s enrollment in high school. The official transcript will document and certify that the grade point requirement has been met. The GPA must be 2.5; 2.49 renders the student uncertifiable.
- Any other questions regarding the program may be answered in the NHHS A+ Student Handbook or by contacting Mrs. Richardson 867-5221