Parent's Rights Form
North HarrisonR-III Parent Rights Form
Parent Rights Under Section 504
Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act provides services for students identified as having a disability as defined by the act, which substantially limits a major life activity. You have the following rights:
- The right to be informed of your rights under Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act.
- The right for your child to have equal opportunities to participate in academic, nonacademic, and extra-curricular activities in your school.
- The right to be notified about referral, evaluation, and programs for your child.
- The right for your child to be evaluated fairly.
- The right, if eligible for services under 504, for your child to receive accommodations, modifications, and related services that will meet his/her needs as well as the needs of non-disabled students are met.
- The right for your child to be educated with non-disabled peers as much as possible.
- The right to an impartial hearing if you disagree with the school regarding your child’s educational program.
- The right to review and obtain copies of your child’s school records.
- The right to request attorney fees related to securing your rights under Section 504.
- The right to request changes in the educational program of your child.
Signed: Parent(s): _________________________ Date: ___________
School Representative: _____________________ Date: ___________